POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Modernize Moray : Re: Modernize Moray Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:48:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modernize Moray
From: Gregor Szaktilla
Date: 1 Feb 2019 22:18:23
Message: <5c550bff$1@news.povray.org>
Diesel1 schrieb:
> Gregor Szaktilla <spa### [at] ktillade> wrote:
>> Gregor Szaktilla schrieb:
>>> Sure. But it would be much more comfortable to be able to render in WINE
>>> - especially when creating materials.
>> Update: Browsing the POV webite I found the old V 3.5 which works as
>> expected.
> I am interested in your wine setup, please can you give some information?

It's a plain and simple Slackware based setup.

I downloaded and built wine from source (https://www.winehq.org/).

Then I downloaded Moray 3.5 (http://www.stmuc.com/moray/) and POV 3.5
(http://www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Old-Versions/Official-3.5/)

> gszaktilla@mimi:~>wine --version
> wine-3.0.4

The only thing (that I don't really miss) is that only one core of my i5
is used. Compared to what I have been working on before (k6-2@233 MHz in
the mid 90's) it's quite fast. I think you could imagine I'm having a
lot of fun these days :-)

HTH

Gregor