POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : slope problem : Re: slope problem Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slope problem
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jan 2019 12:36:11
Message: <5c53320b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.01.2019 um 18:10 schrieb jr:
> hi,
>
> I have some problems connecting spheres and cylinders.  :-)
>
> the image (posted in p.b.i, same subject) should show each cylinder centred,
> filling 90% of the distance between the respective sphere centres.

Well, that's pretty much what I see them doing.

Of course since the distance changes as the angle changes, so do the
gaps (because you computed each of them to be 5% of the total distance,
from sphere center to start of cylinder).

Or I'm misunderstanding you, and what you're really complaining about
are the illusionary effects, due to the spheres' "center of light" not
coinciding with their center of mass - and likewise for the cylinders'
"axis of light" not coinciding with their "axis of mass".