POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Some stuff related to output file formats : Re: Some stuff related to output file formats Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:36:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some stuff related to output file formats
From: clipka
Date: 28 Oct 2018 07:08:25
Message: <5bd598a9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.10.2018 um 14:40 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 9/29/18 3:31 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Also:
>>
>> (4)
>>
>> In v3.8, enabling greyscale output will no longer force the bit depth to
>> 16 bits per channel.
>>
>> (5)
>>
>> In v3.8, the `+F` option will allow specifying both the `G` greyscale
>> flag and the bit depth, using the format `+FxGn`.
>>
>> (6)
>>
>> In v3.8, when creating a greyscale image, the preview display _will_
>> show the image in greyscale.
>>

> 1 thru 6 are done:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Global_Settings#HF_Gray_16

Looks good to me, except the greyscale variant of the `+F`/`-F` option:
The order has to be `G` /before/ bit depth, not the other way round as
currently documented. Also, since the `g` is to be taken literally,
rather than being a placeholder for something, I think it should be
wrapped in <code> instead of <em>. (Personally I'd even lean towards
also making it uppercase for more clarity, though it might be argued
that only the actual option "keys" should be rendered in uppercase.)