POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3 : Re: object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:47:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object rotations in 2 axes vs. 3
From: dick balaska
Date: 3 Oct 2018 07:43:30
Message: <5bb4ab62$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/03/2018 06:48 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> The distinction between 2 and 3-axis is artificial.

For this application, I disagree.  For a static image, yes, there is no
difference. But for an animation, hmm, how do you say in English...
There are two increments vs. three increments.  Take my caboose,
3 axises would be 1) it's laying on it's side (x), 2) it's standing on
it's end (z), 3) it is rotating around the y.
You can choose any one final vector using 2 axii, but to animate the
three rotations simultaneously requires all 3.

--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)