POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : #debug concat truncating text? : Re: #debug concat truncating text? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:51:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #debug concat truncating text?
From: clipka
Date: 13 Sep 2018 08:11:45
Message: <5b9a5401$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2018 um 10:37 schrieb dick balaska:
> I am passing some debug text from java to SDL via a declare.  Tonight I
> added more than two lines of text to the concat/declare and the result
> is truncated.
>
> The doc says each individual string literal is max 256 chars. I see no
> limit on the concat.
> Regardless, this one is tipping over at the 156 character mark.

Debug output is limited to 200 characters per `#debug` directive; if
that limit is exceeded, the message is truncated to 156 characters and
"..." appended to indicate the deed.

Note that you can construct longer debug output lines by chaining
`#debug` directives rather than using `concat`.

(Don't ask me about the rationale; I'm just a messenger of
implementation facts here.)