POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Lightsys, broken links, and user manual updates : Lightsys, broken links, and user manual updates Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Lightsys, broken links, and user manual updates
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Aug 2018 21:24:50
Message: <5b8898e2$1@news.povray.org>
I just discovered that Jaime has reorganized his website.  This is all
well and good, except that I have 5 Object Collection modules whose user
manuals link to Lightsys IV, and now those links are broken.  For two of
those modules, Lightsys is a prerequisite.

   BeamTest (optional)
   BrightStar5 (acknowledgment)
   IntegrateLight (prerequisite)
   RC3Metal (recommendation)
   Spectrum (prerequisite)

For those who have downloaded these modules since mid-May and been
unable to download Lightsys, the new URL is:
   http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/technical/lightsys/

I'm trying to decide whether I should re-upload these modules with
updated user manuals, even if I don't have any changes for the include
files.  The IntegrateLight user manual makes an incorrect assumption
about Lightsys anyway, so that needs to be corrected as well.  (I would
like to add line spectrum capability to IntegrateLight, but I do not
sufficiently understand how Lightsys deals with line spectra, so that
will have to wait.)

It has also been bothering me that the AndroidRobot user manual may not
be sufficiently clear about the Google license vis-a-vis the README
file; I do not wish to be perceived as crossing The Google.  Perhaps
that's excuse enough to go tweak the module itself?