POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions : Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:03:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions
From: dick balaska
Date: 30 Jul 2018 22:32:12
Message: <5b5fca2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/30/2018 07:46 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> What are your recommendations for installing side-by-side with QtPOV-Ray?

If'n I had stuck with my websockets edition (which I've abandoned now) I
could have easily added my websockets vfe to hgpovray and then the user
could select it as the render engine.

Now it would be possible to build qthgpovray as a separate program,
which may be easy. I touched nothing in ./source which is probably where
hgpovray did all of his work.   It would depend if he did something
funky to the Makefiles, like custom compile options.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)