POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions : Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:40:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggested / desired new ray / trace functions
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 Jul 2018 17:19:28
Message: <5b5f80e0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/07/2018 à 18:20, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> After playing around for too long, and far too late with Mike's 3D offset
> surface, I was thinking about how to expand on this and make it a broadly useful
> tool.
>
> Simply mapping the convex hull of a simple object would allow conversion to a
> union of triangles, or a proper mesh{}, and "bumping it out" by a scalar
> multiple of the normal vector would allow the generation of a (I find)
> frequently desired nesting shape.

Looks like you would enjoy some mesh generation from
http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/tesselation

Followed with some displace from
http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/mesh

Or in the worst situation, data access (same page, at top) to the
initial mesh to create your own mesh in SDL.