POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player : Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Weird behavior after closing VMWare Player
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 12 Jul 2018 22:56:36
Message: <5b4814e4$1@news.povray.org>
On my host machine, when I close VMWare Player, I have to wait 5-10
minutes to start it again. Otherwise, the program just kind of hangs and
does nothing for a while.

The weird part is, I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I can start
POV-Ray too or it will be super slow. ON MY HOST MACHINE!!

Weird? Yes.

Why is it doing this? Process Hacker does not show any CPU, memory or IO
activity to explain this.

POV-Ray 3.8.0-alpha.9475849+av541.msvc14.win64
VMware® Workstation Player 14.1.1 build-7528167