POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : No image : Re: No image Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No image
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jul 2018 14:11:53
Message: <5b43a569$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/07/2018 18:00, Bald Eagle wrote:

> OK, so as far as I understand what you want to do:
>
> There will be static, stationary visible staves.
> There will moving, visible notes.
> There will be a stationary invisible object.
>
> The visible notes will change color when they intersect the invisible object.
>
> optional:
>
> Portions of the staves will not be visible when a note overlaps them.
>

> I think I can get that work - I scribbled it out during lunch.  :)
>

> Stephen - yes, the ball does not "roll", it translates, but even if the ball
> rolled, it would look the same, since as you say, it's travelling through the
> pattern, rather than the pattern being attached to it.

If you are calling me a pedant. Then I put my hand up with pride. :)

> The media method is what jr requested, and Bill P. supplied the prototype scene
> code and functions for.

Memory is the second thing to go. (Jim Henderson's dad.)

So I have this idea in my head and I can't let it go.

> Presumably normal primitives could be used with transmit and filter....

Too easy. <cough, cough> ;)

I am still mulling my idea over without consciously think of it.
Too hot here and too many shandies.

--

Regards
     Stephen