POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray : Re: qtpovray Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:41:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray
From: clipka
Date: 15 Jun 2018 08:38:47
Message: <5b23b357$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.06.2018 um 06:18 schrieb dick balaska:
> Dynamic optimizations:
>   CPU detected: Intel,SSE2,AVX,AVX2,FMA3
>   Noise generator: avx2fma3-intel (hand-optimized by Intel)
>
> The "Noise generator" was easy, but the "CPU detected" required that I
> rename platform/x86/cpuid.h to povcpuid.h because it conflicts with
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/include/cpuid.h
>
> I don't get why, and why that wouldn't also be a problem with the
> autoconf build.

I'd say that it's not a problem with the autoconf build because it
shouldn't be a problem ;)

Which way round is the conflict? Is `platform/x86/cpuid.h` included
where the other one should have been, or vice cersa? Also, in which
source file is the offending `#include` located (and if that's not a
POV-Ray source file, what's the exact `#include` statement)?

Does your build process invoke the compiler with a command line
containing `-I-`? Also, what compiler are you using anyway?