POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray : Re: qtpovray Server Time
23 Apr 2024 18:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray
From: dick balaska
Date: 11 Jun 2018 18:47:20
Message: <5b1efbf8$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/11/2018 04:18 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 11.06.2018 um 06:38 schrieb dick balaska:
>> On 05/21/2018 04:10 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> Am 21.05.2018 um 00:43 schrieb dick balaska:

> If you got the optimization framework up and running, the last portion
> in that section will read something like this:
>
> Dynamic optimizations:
>    CPU detected: Intel,SSE2,AVX,AVX2,FMA3
>    Noise generator: avx2fma3-intel (hand-optimized by Intel)
>
> If the section is missing entirely, the optimized noise framework is
> disabled entirely.
>
> If the section is present but reports "Noise generator: generic
> (portable)", then the framework /per se/ is working, but the individual
> optimizations (or at least those that would fit your CPU) are all disabled.

Ah poo.  I don't see this even with generic Linux 3.8 alpha
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C5b105212%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C5b105212%241%40news.povray.org%3E
( https://tinyurl.com/y6udonlu )

It is definitely being built with 3.8-alpha.
I have seen these messages in the past, perhaps on Windows?

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)