POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour : Re: POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:54:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7 charset behaviour
From: clipka
Date: 6 Jun 2018 18:18:05
Message: <5b185d9d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.06.2018 um 19:13 schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:
> Note that the TrueType font decoding used to be rather buggy before 3.6 (or was
> it 3.5?), which is why i.e. in 3.0 it matched the MacRoman font tables before
> ever getting to the other tables.

Presumably before v3.5, because that's the version number threshold
POV-Ray v3.7 tests for.

But right now I don't really care much /why/ POV-Ray is behaving the way
it does; at the moment I'm just taking stock of /how/ it currently
behaves, so that I can mimick it as accurately as reasonably possible
within the framework of the v3.8 parser changes.