POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Restructured Parser wants Testing : Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Restructured Parser wants Testing
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 22 May 2018 09:35:35
Message: <5b041ca7$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/21/2018 08:28 PM, clipka wrote:
> Please give this version a thorough shakedown, with focus on parsing:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9999
>
> Besides testing functionality, please also look at parsing speed.

I've not got a lot of POV-Ray time today, but ran a few random quick
parse scenes - all OK. Then three sets using the Harmonograph.pov
code posted to the newsgroups early last year - loops of the type we
want sped up. Comparing master to your tagged release. All testing done
on a ramdisk though doesn't matter much in the cases I ran. Ubuntu 16.04
g++ 5.4.0.

New parser faster :

28.80 -> 26.60 ---> -7.64%
28.80 -> 26.34 ---> -8.54%