POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : ttlo : Re: ttlo Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ttlo
From: dick balaska
Date: 4 Apr 2018 14:51:49
Message: <5ac51ec5$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2018 02:47 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 3-4-2018 16:52, dick balaska wrote:

> Or not. There is a real nice feeling about going into space at a
> comfortable 40 km/h.

Hmm, I used to drive Zürich to Basel at 140 km/h, so that number is
significant to me, and it's 3 digits. So, that's my target. Thanks! :)
(Or maybe I'll stick to the posted speed limit of 120 ;) )

>> Math, and time, are most unforgiving mistresses.

Now that I've straightened this out, I wish I had done it sooner. The
solution is separate ini files and different times for each edition
(frame rate).  A tiny bit more tedious to set up, but way easier to
manage and infinitely more accurate.

> I guess the number or grey hairs on your head are increasing (or falling
> out instead) exponentially. :-)

My Slovak stock is blessed with perdurable hair. And being blond, you
can't even see the grey. :)

> I am sure all will be clarified in due time. I have full confidence on
> the issue.

This is interesting (to me). For the first 5 years (1999-2003) I
finished 1.2 minutes of animation a year.  The last 2.5 years since I
picked this back up, my throughput is 2.1 minutes of animation a year.
I have 5.5 minutes left to do.  If I can keep up this pace, I am
targeting a Christmas 2020 finish date. :)

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)