POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : export blender's smoke : Re: export blender's smoke Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: export blender's smoke
From: jr
Date: 22 Mar 2018 13:04:38
Message: <5ab3e226$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 22/03/2018 02:08, clipka wrote:
>>> I have another question: I found the df3 file of the blender exporter is just
>>> one byte depth data, (I know povray df3 has one byte or two bytes variation), is
>>> there an option to two bytes data? I wish my data is more accurate. Thank you.
>>
>> you could use the 'df3util' program to convert from 8-bit to 16-bit (or
>> 32), posted in p.b.u on 27th July last year.  hth.
>
> That's rather pointless - no conversion in the world can restore the
> high-precision information that wasn't exported in the first place.

superficially yes, but depends on the exact structure of the project +
data, of which I know nothing.  but, where there's a will etc.  if the
data can be created as a set of "ranged" 8-bit df3s, for instance, it
can easily be "assembled" into a a single df3 with full 16-bit range
(recoding data as needed).

regards, jr.