POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Processor affinity? : Re: Processor affinity? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:08:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processor affinity?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Mar 2018 03:49:19
Message: <5a9d048f$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-3-2018 2:53, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a permanent way to set the processor affinity of the POV-Ray
> render processes? I can do this Process Hacker, but as soon as I
> minimize or exit Process Hacker, the changes are reversed.
>
> I would like to still be able to use my computer for other stuff while
> rendering, and setting the render priority isn't always enough.

I doubt if setting the affinity is such a good way to go (just googled
the topic rapidly). Depending on the number of cores you have available
on your computer, just set +wt in POV-Ray. In my case, I have 8 cores
and I always render with +wt6. For most of my other activities while a
render is in progress, the 2 remaining cores are more than enough.

--
Thomas