POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : POVTONS - WIP - Preview : Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:51:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 23 Jan 2018 03:56:51
Message: <5a66f8d3@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 22.01.2018 16:19, Bald Eagle wrote:

> http://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/t2_3.html#t2_3_11

Yes, I'm aware of this chapter in the Advanced Tutorial... I currently
work myself through the whole tutoral to learn POV-Ray *systematically*
for the first time in my life... but I have not arrived at "A Raytracer"
yet. Very intriguing!

There also is a quite instructive German Data Becker textbook from the
1980s on programming a raytracer on the Amiga, which I would like to try
out in the more distant future... rather for portation to the Atari ST
or the Commodore 64 than doing it on the Amiga, as re-portating POV-Ray
to the Amiga means carrying coals to Manchester!

By the way, I wonder whether David K. Buck knew of this Data Becker
textbook when programming DKB-Trace back then...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar