POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov : Re: qtpov 0.2 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpov 0.2
From: clipka
Date: 14 Dec 2017 01:19:38
Message: <5a3217fa$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.12.2017 um 04:17 schrieb dick balaska:

> Adds a bookmark system.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/bookmarks/

Bookmarks are cool.
Do they stick around when you close and re-open a file?

> Configurable shortcuts/hotkeys.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/configure/keys.php

While configurable keys are good, the example you're showing already
highlights the drawbacks of the approach you (and too many other pieces
of software) are using: Why force users to choose between F3 and Ctrl+K
for the "Move to next find" function, when you could assign the function
to /both/ keys?

(And no, computer games' half-assed approach of providing /two/ key
bindings per function doesn't nail it. I'd love to see a genuine 1:N
mapping, as supported e.g. by Microsoft Word. Don't tell me Microsoft
can create better UIs than you ;))