POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov : Re: qtpov Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpov
From: dick balaska
Date: 30 Nov 2017 15:29:22
Message: <5a206a22$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-11-30 07:09, also sprach clipka:
> Am 30.11.2017 um 10:53 schrieb dick balaska:
>> Am 2017-10-25 09:22, also sprach dick balaska:
>>> I started on qtpov.
>>
>> Runs on Windows 8.
>> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/g/qtpovWindowsRendering.png
>
> Love to hear that :)
>
> I really need to have a closer look at what you're doing and how you're
> doing it... as soon as I find the time.
>
> What tools are needed to build the Windows binaries?

vs2015 for povwebsockets.exe and Qt5 for qtpov.
I'll write it up.
Weird, I put together a Windows Qt package for bsAniPic
( http://www.buckosoft.com/bsAniPic/ )
but I can't say the right magic words for qtpov. :) :(

As I've said, I am treating this as a learning exercise. I am getting
into the whole vfe structure, so when it comes time to move to ./qt I'll
already have experience and should make better choices, because it will
be my second vfe.

qtpov works by launching and persisting a single instance of povray and
then creating a new vfeSession for each render. This is the pvengine
technique.  I noticed that Unix, I seem to leak about 70MB per render,
and I bet myself that Windows would not leak, being that pvengine
doesn't leak, and it doesn't.  So, that's a thing. (or, "top" lies. I
haven't run valgrind or anything on it yet.)

--
dik