POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : orthographic camera and conic_sweep object : Re: orthographic camera and conic_sweep object Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:45:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: orthographic camera and conic_sweep object
From: jr
Date: 7 Nov 2017 13:14:14
Message: <5a01f7f6$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 07/11/2017 17:25, Warren wrote:
>>> [About Linux and povray setup ]
> Here's the Terminal and the output of some command (I use Ubuntu 16.xx as Linux
> only)
>
> antoine@antoine-pcmapex:/usr/local/bin$ ls -lArth
> total 9,6M
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3,2M juin  25  2016 povray
-----<snip>-----

that all looked alright at first glance.  the executable is always (I
think) simply povray, so on my machine I renamed the executable after
install to povray37 (alongside povray36).

> I don't seem to have the custom directory for the different versions of POVRay
> you're talking about...
> And doing some search with : 'sudo find / -name "povray" -type f' only displayed
>  the '/usr/local/bin' file

IIUC, that's a misunderstanding.  everything except the program is in
versioned (sub)directories.  hth.

regards, jr.