POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : nocomment : Re: nocomment Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:07:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nocomment
From: jr
Date: 16 Oct 2017 10:56:57
Message: <59e4c8b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/10/2017 11:05, clipka wrote:
> jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>> Windows 10 users might also be able to resort to the "Windows subsystem
>>> for Linux"; from what I've heard, as of the Fall Creators Update it's an
>>> official part of the system. (Prior to that it was an optional
>>> beta-stage component that required separate installation.)
>> given that you're a quote Windows Jockey with said subsystem in place +
>> working, it'd be nice if you could verify that 'nocomment' will indeed
>> build, since Stephen has already demonstrated that the cygwin route does
>> work.
> May do, provided I find the time.

heh.  here's what I read:

> ... provided I find the time.

I used to run a Xubuntu box for a while (back in the Pentium age) and
know /exactly/ what you mean.   apt-getting flex, getting 'nocomment'
from the server, typing make would have taken me, uh, I don't know, two
and a half minutes?  I mean, who in today's world has that much time on
their hands?

> May do, ...

'may' to me means "hadn't given it any thought yet", understandable
since the utilities likely aren't of any interest to you.
however, I cannot fathom why you're so keen to tell about the wonderful
"Windows subsystem for Linux" -- twice -- with all the "might"s and
"should"s, when not even yourself is using it for the purpose you
suggest.  is that a "Windows thing"?

regards, (perplexed) jr.