POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : nocomment : Re: nocomment Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:05:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nocomment
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Oct 2017 17:21:32
Message: <59e27fdc$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2017 21:41, Kenneth wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>

>> I had a third route. It was to wait for you to work it out and get a
>> crib from you. ;-)
>
> Ha!

Took me a month to get round to it. So thanks for a kick up the
bahookie. ;-)

> hey, thanks for working this out! I may just give it a try-- after consulting my
> Greek translation book ;-)  And Googling some more, of course...

It was about time I learned the very basics. :-)

How I would run it, at first. (I've not tried to make it fail.)
Create a directory. Copy cygwin1.dll, nocomment.exe and my_file.pov there.
Open cmd.exe at the directory (In the LH panel of your browser, Shift +
right click and "Open Command window here. At least in Win7) That opens
a DOS command window.
Type nocomment my_file.pov then enter.
The program created nc_my_file.pov

I've not really tested it other than running one Pov file through it and
that probably did not have any /* ... */ comments.

--

Regards
     Stephen