POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : nocomment : Re: nocomment Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nocomment
From: jr
Date: 14 Oct 2017 17:06:16
Message: <59e27c48$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 14/10/2017 18:32, Stephen wrote:
> Just for practice I compiled nocomment. It runs in a DOS box BTW

thanks.

fwiw, I had a look at the zip and am a bit perplexed by the size of
executable.  until I read your "drat!" follow-up (:-)) I'd thought that
nocomment.exe had not been compiled for dynamic linking; 164K vs 15K on
my machine, nearly 11 times larger.

I think cygwin has strip(1) installed, you can run

  $ strip -s nocomment.exe

without impairing functionality, and hopefully the respective sizes will
compare better.  (compiling w/out optimisation options too would leave
it larger)

regards, jr.