POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU! : TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU! Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:50:03 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Sep 2017 03:30:55
Message: <59afa42f$1@news.povray.org>
At http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/index/index.html the results for the
May/August 2017 Challenge 1 *My End Is My Beginning* are:

1	Seeds			SeanDay		498/498
2	Forever Young		DrNo		390/450
3	Universal		DrNo		371/431
4	Noa departure		lequenne	334/394
5	Ouroboros		JuuG		332/392

SeanDay did not vote and so the bonus points were not attributed to his
image. However, this did not change the final results.

The results for the July/August 2017  Challenge 2 topic *Symmetry* are:

1	Atlantic Crossing		JuuG		316/376
2	Mountain Lake Sunset		rmcgregor	304/364
3	Reflect me			DrNo		287/347
4	Taj Mahal			DrNo		267/327

Congratulations to all the winners of these two challenges.

And so we have come at last to the end of our long journey. A journey
not unlike Ulysses' for we have visited strange places on the Earth and
beyond, we have tasted strange fruits, and we have witnessed amazing
customs and rites. All this thanks to your imagination and skills.

As a temporary replacement for the Internet Ray Tracing competition,
TC-RTC was the brainchild of Steve Paget, a stalwart of the IRTC and the
Pov-Ray newsgroups. He designed it with Colin, the web developer who
hosts the site. Steve ran the site for three years and we have run it
for the last seven. As a temporary replacement for the IRTC, Tina Chep
has lasted almost as long as the original. That is twenty years of
almost continuous computer generated rendering competitions.

As our ways are parting, we have all of us been enriched by this shared
experience. And we, as administrators, we say:
		*So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!*
but above all:
		*Thanks For Your Participation!*

But it does not end here. A worthy successor to the TC-RTC has been
found in NOA OF ARC (http://www.noaofarc.ca/en-us/) which will continue
the tradition. Please go there and join!

Stephen & Thomas, Administrators