POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : df3 file utility : Re: df3 file utility Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:08:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: df3 file utility
From: jr
Date: 3 Aug 2017 20:23:22
Message: <5983be7a@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 27/07/2017 14:31, jr wrote:
> ... "df3 tools".> there are still some problems:

still no homepage.  still no unified build.  and still no feedback wrt
building on other GNU/Linux platforms.

> ...  also, following a recent mention of
> R Suzuki's float extension in one of the povray newsgroups,
> I plan to add support for reading 'dfd' data.  however,
> without more specific information than is given on the website,
> some functionality (like '[Cyclic]') may not get included.

updated versions of both library and df3util are attached.  the library
now has "__attribute__((warn_unused_result))" on two prototypes
(df3_open_file + df3_create_file), and the df3Handle has been made more
robust.  df3util now has fewer bugs (I hope) and a partial
implementation of the Extended Density File Description format via a new
command: 'dfd'.  there's no "[format] binary" yet, "[cyclic]" must be
'off', and the program doesn't do any data interpolation (beyond my
abilities anyway).

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'libdf3-0.2.1.tar.gz' (335 KB) Download 'df3util-0.3.8.tar.gz' (170 KB)