POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray Editors : Re: POV-Ray Editors Server Time
24 Apr 2024 08:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Editors
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jul 2017 16:19:26
Message: <596bca4e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.07.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> Is there any chance that something like an in-browser text editor could be used?
> There seem to be quite a few of them.
> Not sure how that would all work out with backwards-compatibility and whatnot.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=browser+text+editor
>
> I've always desired something like RTF, but I know how desirable it is to have a
> simple text-only input for creating a render...

You can use /any/ text editor capable of saving plain vanilla ASCII
text. You could even use MS Word for that purpose.

A text editor capable of syntax highlighting would be of advantage of
course. But you may need to roll your own highlighting rules.

The difference of course is that it won't be an inbuilt editor, so
starting a render will be a bit more complex than just a button press.