POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to uninstall? : Re: How to uninstall? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to uninstall?
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jul 2017 03:08:24
Message: <595b3ee8@news.povray.org>
Am 04.07.2017 um 04:03 schrieb Mike Horvath:

>>> Further, even if this worked, it would not help when using the File >
>>> Open command inside POV-Ray.
>>
>> If you were relying on UAC rather than the outdated (for end users)
>> approach of using separate accounts, you wouldn't have that problem:
>> You'd click on the other user's directory, would be prompted with a UAC
>> dialog, and be perfectly fine.
>
> This is a security/privacy issue. User B gets access to all documents
> belonging to User A, whether they have anything to do with POV-Ray or not.

If you are an admin of a computer that may be used by multiple users,
then I agree, admin/user separation makes sense in that case.

But in that case you also should have enough background knowledge to
work around the problems that you're presented with when installing
POV-Ray in such a setting.

That doesn't mean that the POV-Ray installer is perfect. But it means
that I think you should be less vocal in your complaining about it.