POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? : Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:41:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something?
From: clipka
Date: 9 Jun 2017 12:19:27
Message: <593aca8f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.06.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 6/9/2017 8:15 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> ... they didn't make it into the docs most likely due to a foo
>> somewhere with regex pattern matching in WikiDocGen. I'll have a look
>
> i take it back ... a quick look on the wiki and i think it's the markup
> concerning < and > that appear (and is missing in one place ... the box
> declaration) where > and < should have been used in the predefined
> text blocks that encloses the examples. this weekend i'll make some
> edits and test my theory.

I concur.

In most pre-formatted blocks, "<" and ">" are represented as "<" and
">", respectively, in both the original Wiki source text as well as
the compiled help file for POV-Ray for Windows; not so in the case of
the max_extent example: There, literal "<" and ">" are used in the Wiki
source, and also exported as such to the compiled help file.

The Wiki seems to be robust enough to display the text as intended, but
the help file viewer apparently misinterprets it as a (malformed) HTML
tag. The text is actually in the help file, but it's not displayed.