POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : 3dclouds include file : Re: 3dclouds include file Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:38:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dclouds include file
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 May 2017 06:47:00
Message: <59217024$1@news.povray.org>
Le 21/05/2017 à 08:41, Thomas de Groot a écrit :

> Hmmm, that is more volume than I have memory to tell the truth :-) In
> all fairness, I only collect what I /think/ I may need one day, so I
> cannot boast to a very complete POV-Ray collection and much of it I have
> never used. I would rather like to call for a way to bring all those
> goodies produced over the years to the easy access of everybody
> interested, like the Objects Collection. I think it is a pity that so
> much has gone into oblivion.

there would be a need for some classification/keyword to help the
exploration, and I'm afraid that legal issue might block a bit.

Obviously, the Object Collection, due to licensing, is not suitable for
such second-hand utilities.
Moreover, it's outdated and hand-written.

I would think about something like wikimedia might be a possible
solution: one page per contributions, using [[category:Name]] in text to
put keyword.
And the page should provides the credit as well as much information as
possible.

Protection against spamming is another problem to keep in mind.