POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem? : Re: v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:06:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem?
From: clipka
Date: 3 May 2017 14:46:51
Message: <590a259b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.04.2017 um 17:04 schrieb Kenneth:

> Also, the light's looks_like object (yellow sphere) is showing lighting effects
> from the extra 'global light', even with 'global_lights off' in the light_group
> (although there's no shadow from that sphere, as far as I can tell.) I don't
> know if that is correct behavior or not.

I haven't examined the issue myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if
`looks_like` objects would always be hooked up into the global group
(again presumably because no thought had been given about the
interaction of these two features).

A workaround would be to replace the `looks_like` object with a
corresponding "regular" object in the same light group, with
`no_shadow`, `no_radiosity` and whatever other flags the `looks_like`
feature automatically sets.