POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : using povray with openGL : Re: using povray with openGL Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:59:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using povray with openGL
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Apr 2017 10:44:33
Message: <58f62651$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/18/2017 12:54 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Then export the data as a density file or as a
>> matrix of blob (metaball) components. For PovRay to read?
>
> Who are you?   Christopher Walken?   :D

No, Carlos the Terrorist. (I've just got the first two books in Ken
MacLeod's latest trilogy.)

> As you say, we don't know the instructor's motivation.
>
> My motivation would be to have them write it out in SDL .... so we can check
> their code and make sure that it's correct   ;)

My take on it would be to write a mini- Moray/Bishop3D/Blender program
that displayed the scene in OpenGL and exported it to PovRay in SDL.
If that were the case. I would love a cloud generator.

--

Regards
     Stephen