POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : tteoac update : Re: tteoac update Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tteoac update
From: dick balaska
Date: 2 Apr 2017 19:20:31
Message: <58e1873f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-04-02 06:16, also sprach Kenneth:
> That animation must have taken a *LOT* of coding!!

60,000 lines of direct pov sdl.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/tteoac/files.html

12,000 lines of tomcat java that emits the mushroom, reefer, volcano and
TV frames.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/tteoacservice/files.html

69,000 lines of c++ renderfarm controllers.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/bsac/files.html

6,000 lines of tomcat java for the bsac meta server (helps bsac clients
and servers find each other)
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/metabsac/files.html

800 lines of bash scripts to slough all of the generated .pngs around
and call ffmpeg. ;)

> Congrats on the gargantuan
> effort. I like your fireplace fire; it 'pops and crackles.'

Thanks!

> Even though the video is 16 minutes long, the animation fades out at the
> 10-minute mark :-(

Oh, you're being generous with the 10 minutes. Everything after 7:21 is
throw away frames.  In 2003, it faded out after 5 minutes, so ... progress.

--
dik