POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file : Re: How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:08:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to generate sphere and cylinder with csv file
From: clipka
Date: 1 Apr 2017 03:47:47
Message: <58df5b23$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.04.2017 um 08:01 schrieb Jeff:
>> In the wee hours, I was thinking it would be nice to be able to generate a
>> Delaunay triangulation of data like this.
>
> another question is , is it possible to rotate, zoom in and zoom out freely in
> POV-RAY?
>
> i mean, when you have thousands or even millions nodes and links and its so many
> of em, that you need to put your camera far far away, but then the nodes and
> links are sooooo small.
>
> so, how to deliver the information effectively that people can see all of the
> nodes and links, but at the same time its not too small (or too hard) to see?
> is there any solutions to solve this problem in POV-RAY?

So you want to render not to a static image, but rather to /some/ output
file format that allows for free manipulation of the camera angle?

As for zooming in, that's easy: Just render a humongously large image.

As for rotating the camera around the scene, that's tricky. I think some
sites that let you see a product in 3D actually fake this feature by
technically showing a paused movie, and letting the user jog forward and
backward through the movie.