POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released
From: clipka
Date: 25 Mar 2017 11:30:00
Message: <58d68cf8$1@news.povray.org>
Beta 5 is out now:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.5

We have simplified the Windows build process for non-XP-compatible
custom builds (the official binaries are generated using a more
complicated XP-compatible build process though), and eliminated a few bugs.

Most importantly however, we have again improved performance (Kudos to
Bill Pokorny) over the previous beta, this time on all platforms.
Compared to 3.7.0, on Unix systems we expect to be roughly back at the
same performance, while on modern Windows systems we expect a noticeable
gain.

Happy Testing!