POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Several problems : Re: Several problems Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:07:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Several problems
From: clipka
Date: 10 Mar 2017 07:59:01
Message: <58c2a315$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.03.2017 um 13:44 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> The most disturbing thing that I was struggling with, is that POV-Ray seemed to
> be loading a different .gif file than the one I was specifying.
> At first I was using just the filename, then I specified the full path just to
> make sure.  Identical results.
> I can't even begin to imagine how this happens.

Neither can I, to be honest.
Are you /sure/ the image loaded is /genuinely/ different from the file
you want to be loaded, and it isn't just a case of an unexpected look
caused by the lighting conditions, surface properties or whatnot?

Also, how does the loaded image look like? (*)

> I had the same problem with 3.7 and 3.71 Beta 2

It's a bit misplaced in this newsgroup then, isn't it?

> #declare Picture = pigment {image_map {gif Filename}}
> box {<0, 0, 0>, <1, 0.1, 1>
>  pigment {Picture}
>  scale <5*(image_width/10), 1, 5*(image_width/10)>
>  translate <0, 0, 0>
> }

(*) Could it, for instance, show just coloured stripes or bands? You
know, like if someone accidentally tried to map a pattern extending
across the XY plane (such as an image_map with default map_type) onto a
box that extends across the XZ plane (like a box {<0,0,0>,<1,0.1,1>})?

Just asking ;)