POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tales from a Renderfarm : Re: Tales from a Renderfarm Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tales from a Renderfarm
From: dick balaska
Date: 25 Feb 2017 14:26:25
Message: <58b1da61$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-02-12 02:44, also sprach dick balaska:

> I realized that once upon a time I said, "I can't wait to see a 1080p
> version of my animation!",
>
> Err, I wonder if I should kill it and start again
> at 23.976fps.  That's the bluray standard, anyway.
>
> Bleh, yes. I will kill it and start over. It's only a week's worth of
> renders.  I will take this time to upgrade the farm's povray again.

I now have 3.5 minutes of 1080p video (175MB).  I'm not loving the
motion. When paused, it looks gorgeous on my 24" 1920x1200 screen, but
movement is jerky. I notice it especially doesn't like when a line of
solid color moves against another solid color (you know, typical
computer animation stuff). My 720p version in full screen VLC stands up
pretty well to it.  The stills aren't as crisp, but the motion is
superior. *sigh*

--
dik