POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta.3 and ./ and ../ weirdness : Re: beta.3 and ./ and ../ weirdness Server Time
24 Apr 2024 06:07:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta.3 and ./ and ../ weirdness
From: clipka
Date: 23 Feb 2017 07:43:36
Message: <58aed8f8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.02.2017 um 05:43 schrieb dick balaska:

>>> I thought I'd create a 3 file tar demonstrating this, except it doesn't
>>> fail.
>>>
>>> This renders fine:
>>> #declare dir="../../";
>>> #include concat(dir, "include.inc")
>>
>> Let me guess: There also happens to be an "include.inc" in the current
>> directory?
>
> Nah, "3 files"  ttfail.ini, ttfail.pov, and ../../subdir/include.inc
> (I thought maybe 'down 2 and up 1')
> I also tried it with a .ttf .
>
> I was shocked it worked. I thought I was going to have to do the "start
> with the whole project and prune away everything" thing again.

That's seriously puzzling, unless the directory in which "include.inc"
resides also happens to be one of your include directories.

Because when processing the `#include` statement beta.3 will erroneously
collapse `../../include.inc` to `incldue.inc`, and unless POV-Ray
happens to find some `include.inc` in one of the paths it looks at (the
directory of the including scene, as well as all include directories) it
should complain that it doesn't find the file.