POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Installing Windows beta.3 : Installing Windows beta.3 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  Installing Windows beta.3
From: dick balaska
Date: 19 Feb 2017 17:45:51
Message: <58aa201f$1@news.povray.org>
I installed your beta.3 installer.
I got this weird Win 8 full screen dialog that said "I prevented this
dangerous app from running". I've never seen that screen. beta.2 doesn't
make that screen. (Perhaps some evil CRC?)
The second time I tried, I noticed an undecorated link "More Info" where
it let me run it anyway. (buttons are so passé)

The installer said it was going to uninstall povray3.7 from my box. I
wasn't sure if that was broken wording for "3.7.1-beta.2" or if it
really meant "3.7".  So I aborted and uninstalled beta.2 first.  It
didn't threaten to uninstall the next go around.

It installed fine and is working well.

--
dik