POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : sky light render : Re: sky light render Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky light render
From: clipka
Date: 8 Jan 2017 11:16:56
Message: <587265f8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.01.2017 um 15:51 schrieb And:

> I want to give up...

And we want you to continue ;)

> I posted the fruit too early... I just tested the cloud shape and it is hard to
> control. And too much work (includes reducing the render time) in the future.

"Hard to control" is just a pessimist's way of saying "something
encouraging to toy around with".

As for the render times, I gather that this whole thing is a stand-alone
program, right? So maybe it would be worth trying to port this to OpenCL
and get your graphics card to do the job. I reckon the computations
should lend themselves to the architecture of GPUs.