POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Reference:Arrays note about 40 character identifier limit. : Reference:Arrays note about 40 character identifier limit. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  Reference:Arrays note about 40 character identifier limit.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 12 Dec 2016 06:44:25
Message: <584e8d99$1@news.povray.org>
Ref:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Array

There is this:

Where IDENTIFIER is the name of the identifier up to 40 characters long
and INT is a valid float expression which is internally truncated to an
integer which specifies the size of the array.

I believe identifiers can be longer than 40 characters & that we've
recently added such notes elsewhere. Perhaps we need not mention the
identifier limit specifically for arrays should we want to avoid another
change note.

Bill P.