POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mysterious vanishing isosurface : Re: Mysterious vanishing isosurface Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysterious vanishing isosurface
From: clipka
Date: 11 Dec 2016 17:35:55
Message: <584dd4cb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.12.2016 um 15:09 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> A suggesting is trying the isosurface coded in your scene at a rotations
> around where it is breaking up, at a low resolution, no aa+, area light,
> etc., as
>
> isosurface {
> }
>
> not used by reference (github #114 (#113 is related)), so you get some
> idea what the max gradient really is and how it is changing.

Thanks for bringing this report and analysis up again; I had wondered
recently why my own toying-around with Mike's isosurfaces didn't prompt
any max gradient warnings, but didn't take the time to investigate.

I've just published a new version that supersedes the offending
mechanism with something smarter, and should again report the max
gradient as expected, for each and every isosurface actually rendered,
yet aggregating the results for any clones.

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8913469