POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log ini opt. : Re: Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Loginiopt. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:47:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Loginiopt.
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Dec 2016 11:35:11
Message: <58498bbf$1@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Animation_Options#Field_Rendering

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:General_Output_Options#Interrupting_Options

> The two undocumented features near the bottom of the block should
> probably be restored to the documentation and also listed as Deprecated.
> Our code allows them to exist - and they no doubt do - in old ini files.

i see from wiki history that i removed these back in sep 2013. besides
the feature listing there was also some narrative as well. rather than
restore all that and document as deprecated ... how about a well placed
"Note" instead

> Just below the block, in parens, I wonder about the text we have in the
> documentation about the very old and long gone Buffer_output and
> Buffer_Size options. Thinking it should just be deleted - yep, I missed
> documenting where I saw that text...

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:File_Output_Options#Output_File_Buffer

besides the content there's only a couple of other places that need to
be touched to just get rid of it altogether ... nuke it?

> I've used the term "Deprecated" to be consistent with other
> documentation, but I believe all options marked this way are "Deprecated
> and Non-functional." Perhaps we should better indicate this.

i'm ok with this term mainly because it /is/ consistent with what's been
done so far ... only possible drawback is confusion with /deprecated/
keyword. as long as <code> is used when taking about keyword and <em> is
used otherwise i think we should be fine