POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log ini opt. : Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log ini opt. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log ini opt.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Dec 2016 06:43:26
Message: <5846a45e$1@news.povray.org>
Per recent discussions and issue work I think we should document the -CC
option.

Reference :

http://news.povray.org/povray.windows/message/%3C584605a0%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C584605a0%241%40news.povray.org%3E

and

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/167

I think it comes to adding something like :

---

Create_Continue_Trace_Log=bool  Save state information in file on/off
+CC Save state information in file on
-CC Save state information in file off

The state or continue trave information file must exist for the
Continue_Trace=true / +C option to work.

---

to the section:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:General_Output_Options#Resuming_Options

Also in that section we today have this bit:

"This option reads in the previously generated output file, displays the
partial image rendered so far, then proceeds with the ray-tracing. This
option cannot be used if file output is disabled with Output_to_file=off
or -F."

However, I think "Output_to_file=off or -F" suppresses the creation of
the final output image file not the state/log file needed to continue a
trace. Thinking we might re-work the above paragraph to refer to the
state/log file instead and drop reference to the output to file option
here.

Aside: There are other documentation updates sitting in the two
references above, but thinking we should go after those later in
dedicated threads for sake of clarity.

Bill P.