POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : dictionary container types : Re: dictionary container types Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dictionary container types
From: clipka
Date: 23 Nov 2016 12:17:17
Message: <5835cf1d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.11.2016 um 17:43 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 11/23/2016 10:04 AM, clipka wrote:
>> The changes to array syntax and behaviour don't fit into the
>> "Dictionary" section; they should instead be in the "Array" section.
>
> thanks for keeping me honest:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Array

I think I got you confused.

The information I provided in the earlier post was for the entire bundle
of changes in the `feature/dictionary` branch currently waiting to be
tested and merged. The branch has grown to become somewhat of a
misnomer, and `feature/containers` would be a more fitting name by now,
as besides introducing the new `dictionary` container type it also
contains improvements to the classic old-school integer-indexed `array`
container.

All the information you put in the numbered-list section starting with
"Array elements will no longer have to be all of the same type [...]"
applies to arrays, not dictionaries.

It's ok (and, if I am asked, desirable) to have the dictionary-related
stuff in a separate section.

Also, typo:

"There has been a Change that removes than restriction."
                                        ^^^

I'm also noticing right now that the comments in the example section are
a bit inconsistent; please replace "testing" and "removing" with "test"
and "remove".