POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV is back : Re: UberPOV is back Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:43:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV is back
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2016 12:52:14
Message: <5831e2ce@news.povray.org>
Am 13.09.2016 um 15:23 schrieb Mr:

> Three shaders Oren_nayar, Lomel_selliger, minnaert work well. To be nitpicky, I
> felt that the minnaert at a value of 2 which is its Blender Maximum value, the
> result looked less contrasted than Blender internal renderer. That is to say, in
> Blender, faces away from camera appeared lighter while normals facing the camera
> were darker than pov result but the overall behaviour is a much closer result
> than what we had so far !

Can you provide an image as rendered by Blender, along with a
corresponding POV-Ray scene?

Make sure to eliminate any other potential influences, such as
reflections, highlights, ambient light and whatnot.

A screenshot of the chosen Blender material settings may also be helpful.

> How would we use the second fresnel outgoing term ?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Bear in mind that I'm not a
Blender user.