POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma? : Re: Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:06:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 19 Nov 2016 14:45:37
Message: <5830abe1$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2016 09:45 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 11/18/2016 3:43 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> Christoph mentioned blend_mode elsewhere today. To my knowledge the two
>> options blend_mode and blend_gamma are not yet in our documentation for
>> 3.7.1 and should be I think.
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_1#Version_3.7.1
>

> btw: thanks for pulling the necessary info into your previous post ...
> made the task /much/ easier :-)

Thanks Jim, Looks good.

As I looked over these updates I did notice we still have statements
for the *_maps sections like:

"There may be from 2 to 256 entries in the map."

I believe Christoph eliminated that limit in the 3.7.1 master. Commit
cf1c3fb :

     Refactored blend map handling
     Removed the hard-coded limit of 256 blend map entries along the way.

Bill P.