POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : relativistic travel effects : Re: relativistic travel effects Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:07:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: relativistic travel effects
From: clipka
Date: 5 Nov 2016 04:42:15
Message: <581d9b67$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.11.2016 um 01:49 schrieb rodv92:
> Hi there,
>
> i am thinking of the tools i could use to make an animation of a camera
> accelerating toward 0,99c speed.
>
> If i remember well, i would have to use a widening focal to make the direction
> the camera is going appear as if it was receding and concentrating the field of
> view toward a point.
>
> For this i could use some kind of conical media, going darker at the sides and
> adding redshift effects, and chromatic aberrations.
>
> See : www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQnHTKZBTI4

("This video is not available in your country.")
Oh great.
I hate YouTube.

Anyway:

From what I know you'll need more than just a distortion of the field of
view; most notably, objects will appear "rotated" somehow.

There used to be a patched version of POV-Ray specifically designed to
simulate relativistic effects. It'll be quite out of date, but maybe
it'll do what you need.