POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? : Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I pay someone to add this from MegaPov?
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 31 Oct 2016 11:52:14
Message: <581768ad@news.povray.org>
On 2016-10-31 10:38:46 +0000, clipka said:

> Am 31.10.2016 um 00:16 schrieb [GDS|Entropy] in povray.advanced-users:
>
>> I was wondering (hoping) that I could pay someone to add Glows to UberPov,
>> and include enough implementation info via comments or whatever that
>> whoever in the future could easily forward this to the next version when 4
>> comes out. If you are interested Clipka, even better. ;-)
>
> I've just noticed to my surprise that you're apparently not the guy who
> had requested the very same MegaPOV feature just a few weeks ago on the
> povray.macintosh newsgroup, so I've decided to use this occasion for a
> shameless plug or two:
>

> While I love working on POV-Ray and UberPOV as a hobby, and will quite
> certainly continue to do so no matter what I get out of it, I'm not
> above taking donations that allow me to spend more time on this hobby --
> nor am I above taking bribes to prioritize my ToDo list.
>
> So to anyone wishing to back up Ian's (aka GDS|Entropy) motion to get
> the MegaPOV "glow" feature implemented in UberPOV ASAP, feel free to
> place a bounty on the corresponding GitHub issue via Bountysource:
>
> https://www.bountysource.com/issues/38809617-port-megapov-s-glow-feature-to-uberpov
>

> In related news, anyone inclined to send some round tuits my way for
> general POV-Ray and UberPOV development is happily invited to take a
> look at https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/uberpov.

I had a few requests about the glow patch.
It is one of the most wanted patches from MegaPOV, the current patch
was unfinished if I remember well.
But it seemed to be useful for a lot of users.

Yvo

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net