POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : plotting a 3D gaussian question : Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:55:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question
From: clipka
Date: 27 Oct 2016 21:12:26
Message: <5812a5fa$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.10.2016 um 21:14 schrieb Jim Holsenback:

>> http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4521/t8e5wc5t_png.htm
>
> shame on you ... ah well shame on me for clicking. this brought up one
> of those virus alert page pages and wouldn't let me close it out. went
> straight for the restart button and did a scan that came up with nothing
> on my machine. if i weren't so embarrassed i'd be pissed!

And shame on you for not giving the user the benefit of doubt, maybe?

I was greeted by some technically aggressive ads there, but nothing
really out of the ordinary. My guess would be that you just happened to
get a slightly more obtrusive version of the run-of-the-mill scareware
ad, presumably popped up by directupload.net, not the user.

So shame on directupload.net for partnering with pretty obtrusive
advertisers, but as far as I can tell that's all.